Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crazy July

I'm way behind on my blogging, so I'm going to catch up with a few posts about July. First of all everyone seems to post photos and comments about July 4th. I'm no exception!

Merrell and Meagan watched the Freedom Festival Parade along with 200,000 onlookers. Were there really that many people at the parade?
Maybe so!
Besides a good parade, July 4th needs a little smoke, and...
...a little sparkle.

There are 3 things that make me choke up at parades – the flag, the military, and patriotic music. Is country music considered patriotic music? Well, I don’t really like country music. So, why is it that country singers can really nail the emotion behind loving the U.S.A. (starting with Lee Greenwood 25 years ago) and end up singing July 4th favorites? Yes, I can choke up in a heartbeat when I see the flag … and hear a country singer sing about our country. Is that why they’re called country singers?

"It’s America
" is more of a toe tapper than a tear jerker, but it’s one July 4th country song I like! (I can’t believe I said that!)

No comments: