The Watters Reunion falls on the odd years and this was an odd year!! There could be a message here…probably not. Mom and Dad started having annual reunions in 1977 (as far as anyone can remember), and continued them until around 1992. What a fantastic 15 years. Reinstating our reunions in 2005 was a good call. More people. More fun.
Time moves so fast. It doesn’t take long for the child to become the parent, the parent to become the grandparent, and so on… Who knew in 1977 that all of those cute Watters grandkids would grow up to be such great adults. Of course every family has a crazy Cousin Eddie, eccentric Cousin Bertha, bossy Aunt Harriet, and/or bizarre Uncle Frank. I’m thinking we can’t claim immunity. The task is just to figure out who’s who.
We’re more alike than we’re different, and the great thing is that we share a common bond – we’re family. Yes we are. It takes effort and desire to keep family connected. I have the desire, and personally I think it’s worth the effort. Thanks to everyone for coming (especially those traveling long distances) and for helping. Kudos for: Great food from the Johnsons; Tasty breakfast from the Oldroyds; Golf Tournament from Paul; Shirts from Gramma and Cathy; Games, entertainment, and scrapbooks from Shauna; Pointing and bossing from Aunt Harriet; Photo shots from everyone (Pick out your best photos, cut a disk, get it to me, and I’ll print them to be placed in our reunion scrapbook. That’s not a request. That’s an order!). Love you all. I do belong to a GREAT family!

No comments:
Post a Comment