Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kate's Party Pictures

It was all about Kate's Journey, but thankfully Kate didn't travel alone.
Jackson and
Ava shared every moment,
while Emmett joined on the downhill run.

"Life isn't a destination -- it's a journey. We all come upon unexpected curves and turning points, mountaintops and valleys. Everything that happens to us shapes who we are becoming. And in the adventure of each day, we discover the best in ourselves." (Quote on Kate's Celebration invitation)

If a spoonful of sugar helps, then 3 tables covered
with yummy treats should supply the cure!


Friends in attendance? 200 plus!



Dr. Keller, Kate's oncologist
(Wow! How many doctors attend a patient's party?)


Watching the DVD

The DVD was for everyone, but only Mom and Dad can really
relive the pain and the joy of the past 2 1/2 years.
Tears flow, angels hover. All Is Well.
The party's over, but the smiles remain.
Still smiling, but the eyes show that it's time for bed.
(Did you notice that Kate's two front teeth are missing?)

Merrell and I were so happy that we were able to attend this "once in a lifetime" joyful celebration. We so appreciate our family and many friends who have reached out with love and concern for our granddaughter.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

GREAT pictures! Do you have any pictures of your blanket I would love to see it all finished.

Anonymous said...

Mom,

Nice pictures and summary of the weekend. It was a real whirlwind trip for you but I am not sure how we could have done it without you. Thanks. We sure love you--

Jason

Carolyn Hansen said...

Thanks so much for posting those pictures! I was so busy with the party that I didn't take even a picture and I would really love to have copies of them all!

Carolyn Hansen said...

Thanks so much for coming to the event. We are so grateful to have you in our lives and to have such champions. We are blessed!!!