I can’t help myself. I just have to post more useless, yet interesting, information that I used to know and teach. So, today’s date (09/09/09) is the last of the repetitive single dates until all of us are dead and gone (of course next year there’ll be 10/10/10, but that’s not single digit). Anyone would have to be isolated, deaf, blind, or dead not to have heard about the 9’s of this “special” date!
So what’s up with the number nine? Did Pythagoras have an obsession with number nine or just numbers in general? Let’s just say, this Greek philosopher figured out a lot of stuff that we don’t even have to think about (unless we want to). Check it out.
Stolen directly from the internet:
“Any grade-schooler could tell you that the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9.
Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. So, 9x62=558; 5+5+8+=18; 1+8+9. September 9, also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2+5+2=9).”
Now, don’t you feel better about today’s date. It’s also Paul’s birthday and Nicole’s wedding date, plus a lot of other stuff I don’t know about!
HELLO WORLD!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment