Time. One on one time with each of our grandchildren proved to be pure delight. We shared conversation about: Football, Avatar, Bakugan, aviation, trolleys, trains, DVDs, computers, wheat bread, college life, and Santa.
Meagan’s conversation kept circling back to the same question:
Meagan: “How old are you, Gramma?”
Me: “Silly, I've told you 4 times how old I am. Think really hard and see if you can remember.”
Meagan: “Aaaaa. Ummmm. I think you’re 36!”
Me: “How old is your Mom?”
Meagan: “37.”
Me: “So, does that make sense?”
Meagan: “Yessss.”
Me: “OK, we’re going with that!”
Food. We ate at The Chef’s Table (with Mom), Olive Garden, Wingers, Chuck-A-Rama, McDonalds, The Old Spaghetti Factory, The Old Spaghetti Factory, and The Old Spaghetti Factory. Thankfully, the TOSF waitress didn’t roll her eyes and say, “Not YOU again!”
of really good books which are your very own.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ~
It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are,
far more than our abilities."
— J. K. Rowling
A house without books is like a room without windows.
~Heinrich Mann
MY BOOK!
I did it!
I did it!
Come and look
At what I've done!
I read a book!
When someone wrote it
Long ago
For me to read,
How did he know
That this was the book
I'd take from the shelf
And lie on the floor
And read by myself?
I really read it!
Just like that!
Word by word,
From first to last!
I'm sleeping with
This book in bed,
This first FIRST book
I've ever read!
~ David L. Harrison ~
(from Somebody Catch My Homework)
Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

2 comments:
Love the last couple of posts Mom! I have to admit that I didn't know how my kids were going to respond to this since some of my children (ok just one of them) aren't too fond of books but I realized that spending one on one time with your grandparents is priceless and something that will always be remembered and not DI'ed 2 weeks after Christmas is over. Thanks! The best part was seeing them all crack into their books with such excitement (except the before mentioned grandchild :)
This was the BEST Christmas idea ever! (Now when do the grownup kids get to do it, too? :)
I'm getting all nostalgic for home--yes, even the bluster and snow!--just reading your recent posts.
New Zealand is beautiful, but just the scenery. I miss all the cute faces in Utah!
Post a Comment