Think of a member of The Young Ambassadors.
Did you picture a talented singer, dancer, and/or actor
whose countenance shines?
One of our student office assistants is a Young Ambassador,
and BOY does he fit that description!
Did you picture a talented singer, dancer, and/or actor
whose countenance shines?
One of our student office assistants is a Young Ambassador,
and BOY does he fit that description!
Last week he was invited to sing a solo at one of the Young Men training sessions prior to conference. He was given two days notice. He practiced the notes and words at his desk. His iPod earphones were secured, but his voice floated quietly throughout the office.
Since I can’t share the music,
I’d like to share the words to this beautiful song.
I’d like to share the words to this beautiful song.
I WENT HOME
Music by K. Newell Dayley (Also composed I Feel My Savior’s Love)
Words by Ralph G. Rodgers, Jr.
Joseph sings:
It was there in my home that I learned long ago
The lessons that carried me through
All the trials and strife that stood in my path
As from child to man I grew.
It was there in my home that I learned how to play,
How to work and the meaning of love.
I learned from example the power of prayer.
I grew close to my Father above.
I remember the nights with my family so close;
How we laughed, how we sang, how we prayed.
I learned from my family the lessons of life.
And I grew with my mind unafraid.
Then on that clear spring morning,
I went to the grove as a youth.
I needed to have an answer.
I went in search of truth.
And after that glorious moment,
When they had talked to me,
I rose from my knees, I ran up the path,
I wanted the world to see.
That the lessons I’d learned through those fourteen years
Were not meant for me alone.
I knew what to do; I knew where to go.
I went home,
I went home,
I went home.
Saturday, April 3, 2010. As I listened to conference today, talks about family and home were plentiful. Home. No better place to grow.

1 comment:
0401影音视讯 , x543视讯交友网 , 影音视讯 , 色情视讯 , 后宫视讯 , mfc视讯 , 免费视讯美女网站 , 影音视讯聊天 , ut聊天视讯辣妹聊天室 , 恋爱ing视讯
Post a Comment