Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our Indian Summer Fades Away

A couple of weeks ago, Merrell and I took a full day to just drive around, snap a few shots of the colorful landscape, and enjoy a relaxing day together. Unfortunately, most of the trees up the canyon had lost their vibrant color. I won’t share all of the shots (I’m pretty sure nobody wants to look at over 1000 photos), but here are a few.






It may not be politically correct to refer to a beautiful fall season as an Indian Summer, because now days it’s probably called a Native American Summer. But, no matter the name, Utah has experienced an awesome autumn. It’s November 11, and the lawns are still green and outside temperatures are pretty tolerable (sweatshirt weather). A slight hint of rain, snow, or cold accentuates my fair weather football fan status, but I’m proud to say that I attended each and every one of BYU’s home football games – further proof that the weather’s been awesome. I love a winning football season, but am not too crazy about nail-biting finishes, too many penalties, and tentative consistency! Two games left. Go Cougars!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there to cheer our beloved Cougs on. Oh well, I guess that I can cheer on the might Emory Eagles. We dont have a football team, but we have a one mean chess team though.

Jason

Carolyn Hansen said...

Love those fall Utah shots. So beautiful and thanks for sharing!