Last year, U.S. News & World Report staffers put together a video entitled “50 Ways To Improve Your Life in 2009.” I viewed the video, and although I thought some of their improvements were silly and not my cup of tea, I liked the underlying idea. Well, 2009 is almost over, but no matter the year, everyone has improvements to make. Right? So, I’m choosing to make improvements in my life – baby steps now.
I started a week ago, so I’ll post my attempts thus far and add some more in the future.
1. Get a new toothbrush, and keep a new one coming every month. I chose this because it was relatively easy to do, and I didn’t want to fail on my first improvement. Actually, anyone who has viewed our bathroom closet knows that it is overflowing with new toothbrushes, but they are all the “on sale” brand. You know, 20 for $1.00. But, I wanted a GOOD soft toothbrush that would accommodate my lovely teeth!
2. Stop puttering at night and go to sleep at a reasonable time…and get up at a reasonable time. I’m shooting for the same time each night. I seem to have this attitude that now that I’m retired I can do whatever! Not so. Everyone needs a little structure (and sleep) in his/her life.
3. No chocolate for a week -- ohhhh, that's really stepping out on a limb. I chose this improvement because I truly am a chocoholic and I know it! Halloween is on its way so I think it only appropriate that I replace chocolate with candy corn. After Halloween, candy corn will not be as readily available, so I can’t possibly get hooked! Okay, the truth is, I haven’t eaten any chocolate (or candy corn) for more than a week. I’m even thinking about extending this improvement through Halloween, just to see how long I can go without my favorite treat. Now, that will test my chocolate will power!
If you’d like to add a couple of your own wanna-be improvements, please join in. What would make your life better?
HELLO WORLD!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Mom! I love the start of your list. You're inspiring me... perhaps I'll buy a new toothbrush on my way home! I know that what I SHOULD do is create a list of my own, but I'm probably just too weak-willed. Sigh.
And PERSONALLY, I don't see you as a chocoholic, you and your healthy habits (Now, I could just give up diet coke for a day... but why would I want to do a crazy thing like that?)
hugs!
Post a Comment