Lit, Literary, Literacy, Literature, Literate
It’s all the same to me!
It’s all the same to me!
Gramma’s my name.
Literacy’s my game.
Literacy’s my game.
OK, that’s pretty corny, but also pretty much true. I spent over 20 years getting paid to encourage kids to read. Now I do it for free!
I don’t want to take any credit for the fact that my grandchildren are all such great readers. I just want to tell them, and their parents, how button-bustin’ proud I am of each and every one of them for READING. Some enjoy it more than others, but all CAN read.
Thank a teacher.
Thank a mom and dad.
Thank a brother or sister.
Thank an aunt and uncle.
Thank every member of our extended family.
“Fortunate we are to rub shoulders with educated folk.” (Yoda)
Thank a mom and dad.
Thank a brother or sister.
Thank an aunt and uncle.
Thank every member of our extended family.
“Fortunate we are to rub shoulders with educated folk.” (Yoda)
C, L, G, G, and GG all spent "An Evening with Richard Peck" at the Provo Library. Peck has written over 30 books, but A Year Down Yonder (Newbery Winner) and A Long Way from Chicago (Newbery Honor) are probably his most famous. My opinion.
Thanks to one fantastic PTA volunteer, Brad Wilcox spoke to the 3rd-6th graders for Literacy Week. He is such a fun friend to the youth, a marvelous motivator, and a totally awesome speaker!(What did we do to deserve such wonderfully smart
children and grandchildren?)
children and grandchildren?)

No comments:
Post a Comment