Professor JJ offered to deliver some important files to our home sometime in the early afternoon. At 9:00 a.m. the doorbell rang. JJ had arrived. Yikes, he was a bit early!
Merrell was gone. Should I answer the door? No make-up. Bare feet. Draped in my well-worn fuzzy green checked bathrobe with hair that was not completely dry (I was in the process), I made a decision. After all, he made the effort to come to our home. I opened the door. His face fell like a drippy ice cream cone.
With a shocked looked and an apologetic voice, he stammered something about how I usually looked so professional and put together, sorry he came so early, embarrassed, blah, blah, blah. Never seen me quite like this.
Will he be able to erase this memory from his mind? Made me think about all the things that my mind should get rid of …. like …. a …. like …. umm …. like ….
1. Our son greeting us in the Detroit airport wearing his multicolored Hee Haw shirt
2. My kids wearing short shorts with knee-high socks.
3. Photos of me with big big big big big hair
4. Merrell’s bright yellow Bic banana pants
5. A variety of large, small, and oddly-shaped eyeglasses plopped on top of a variety of large, small, and oddly-shaped noses. (That’s what happens when your whole family wears glasses!)
On second thought, no erasure needed. I love these memories.
However, I hope Professor JJ can erase his memory of me…in the morning…in my home. ERASE. BE FREE. FLY AWAY. GO! Please.
HELLO WORLD!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment