Monday, May 18, 2009

It's Who You Know That Counts

New crazy Sunday connections. Follow this: Mike moved into our neighborhood a couple of years ago. He spoke in church on Sunday and his parents came to hear him. I recognized his mom because I substituted in her 2nd grade classroom 25 years ago when Mike was born (I didn't know that Mike was her kid). Mike’s dad was our daughter’s principal when she taught school in P.G. Mike’s grandfather taught high school with Merrell and was also one of my high school teachers. I taught Mike’s wife, Sam, when she was in 4th grade. Sam’s grandmother was my neighbor when I was in high school.

Seminary graduation: The stake president was the spitting image of one of Merrell’s close friends when Merrell taught high school. Turns out to be the friend’s brother. One of the bishops who was congratulating his ward graduates, works with my sister in Alpine School District, and his wife was a college student in one of Merrell’s classes. Our seminary graduate’s friend’s mother’s dad dated the seminary graduate’s grandmother.

Good grief! I think they all shop at Costco too! What a small world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But only you and Merrell would be able to remember all that stuff to make those connections! Makes me tired!