Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A First Class Trip

First Class Seats
WooHoo! A view of Mount Nebo from a First Class Seat! Yes, we’ve traveled A LOT this year. It's true. We’ve seen the inside of airports in
Salt Lake,
Houston (4),
Orlando,
Washington, D.C. (2),
San Diego,
Atlanta (3),
London,
Dublin,
Belfast,
Midland,
Paris,
Cincinnati, and
Orange County, California.
BUT… This was a FIRST (actually a second – 10 years ago we were moved up)! This trip we were bumped to FIRST CLASS! There is a difference – hot towels, unlimited drinks, FOOD, no deafening engine noise. Best of all. Large seats with lots of leg room! Loved it!

First Class City
After 2 years of visiting this area, we finally ventured into downtown Houston. The busy freeway into the city wasn’t half as bad as we anticipated, and the city itself didn’t seem all that big. Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States, but it’s not compact like New York City, thus it seems much much smaller. Well, the city actually covers 600 square miles! Not a small acreage.
Downtown above. Outskirts below.
First Class Schools & Students
Where did they get this saying?
On to Atlanta to a First Class Soccer Game

First Class Workers




First Class Smiles

First Class Primary Program(s)
K was 6 months old when I first participated in a Primary Sacrament Meeting Program. I taught the 5-year-olds, learned the songs, and sat in the choir seats during the program. I worked in the Primary for the next 10 years as a teacher, music director, counselor, den leader, pianist, ward/stake president. I will never forget those days. They were busy and hectic, especially since Primary was held on a weekday and sometimes required an extra 35 minute trip to church, complete with snack preparation (cookies, sandwiches, popcorn). I was truly blessed to be with my children – especially blessed to hear them sing. I LOVE to hear children sing. I always have.

How fortunate we were to hear the 9th Ward's program a couple of weeks ago, and we were pleasantly surprised to learn that Brockett Ward's program would be presented while we were in Atlanta. Six singers -- Tyren, Courtnie, Meagan & Jackson, Kate, Ava (sorry we missed C and T) -- gently tapped my heart with song and spoken word. "The Family is of God" was a powerful new song for me, but I wonder if any song will replace my 3 favorites: "My Heavenly Father Loves Me," "Love Is Spoken Here," and "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus."
Plain truths.
Taught well through song.
First Class.

2 comments:

Carolyn Hansen said...

We miss you already! Hurry back please :)

Anonymous said...

Love those pics!! Love the blog!! First Class.
Jason