Sunday, November 22, 2009

Eighty!

Thanksgiving again. And, again I have so much to be thankful for. Family is of course my greatest blessing, and I could rattle on about each member, but right now I’m only picking one. Friday night I went to my brother-in-law’s 80th birthday party. I first met him in 1963 when he was a relatively young man, father of two sons, married to my talented, wonderful sister-in-law. Where does the time go? His dark brown/black hair has turned white, but his integrity, dedication to church and family, humility, humor and genuine example of goodness remains the same.
I can’t talk of him without including his wife. They’re such a welcoming couple. When we visit their home, we always leave feeling enriched and accepted, as if we’re the most important people that ever entered their home. Visiting is a lost art to most of society, but not to them. We speak face to face as we share opinions, facts, stories, and the “latest” on almost any subject. What a blessing to know them…to learn from them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Heloyce and Jay! It was always a special treat to spend a weekend at their house, playing Risk and watching M*A*S*H. Everything was a little cooler in Kaysville, ya know! If Jay is 80, must mean we're all old!