Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gypsy

October 27: It was the right thing to do, but I didn’t know that it was going to be so hard. Kristine said she would go with Dad when the time came, but in the end, it needed to be me. Merrell and I were the ones who shared our lives with Gypsy and cared for her. When someone lives in your home 24-7 for 14 ½ years, you tend to take their presence for granted, but it’s not easy to ignore the sounds of silence that permeate each room when they’re gone. As a caregiver, Merrell can certainly have no regrets. While she has been ill the past 4 months, he has been patient, kind, and understanding to his little faithful friend. Gypsy, our $11 dog, is gone, and we miss her. Yes, I said “we.” It’s true, I miss her too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will all miss her. She was a wonderful dog. Although hard, it was the right thing to do. Still, it does not make it any easier.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Only a fellow dog-lover can understand how it feels--I understand.
Carolyn

Shauna said...

I wish that you would have told us so that we could have gone over there and talked to you. We all will miss Gypsy that's for sure.

Lauren said...

There's really not more to be said. It was her time, but we'll all miss her.